Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day


Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day 
Sunday September 20th 2026

What is it? The Goal? Participation? Orgin? 
Would love if you read fully then check out any links... Thanks for coming... :

What is it?
Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day is a 
D-Licious Media Social Media Event. It's super simple and easy. Here is the idea simply then into some different details. 
Step 1) Hold up [Peace Fingers]. 
Step 2) Take a selfie
Step 3) Post the selfie on any and all social media platforms. (Use the suggested hashtags coming later in this blog post)
Step 4) Repeat as many times as you like or are able. 
Pre Step 1) Help Share and Spread TheWord

***Note: Clouds = Metaphor for Social Media

The Goal
On Sunday September 20th we will - on mass - flood Social Media(The Clouds) with Peace Finger Selfies and a message of peace. A mass social media message in a simple but big way. "Peace. This is what we want. This is what we need. Peace." Will this one day and this one mass movement magically and suddenly end all war and finally bring about what has eluded our species since basically the beginning of time? I guess anything is possible. Could it possibly start a bigger discussion and movement? Maybe possible? I guess maybe if it is big enough... Maybe if it reaches enough people... Resonates with enough people... Sparks and motivates enough people... If it could spark and inspire enough collective will... And if I can spark a collective will that sustains and works to find ways to the ultimate goal... Like so many goals, it simply requires the will and the motivation to do the work to achieve the goal. Like so many of humanities problems - fixing them really comes down to enough collective will to do so. Enough people saying... "Enough is enough. This is stupid. War is stupid. It is actually insane. Enough." It takes enough of us saying enough loudly and sustained. All this event needs to be is a Spark. A "Tipping Point." On Sunday September 20th all you need to do is bring some metaphorical matches. Peace Finger selfies and this message: "We Want Peace." 
Then let's see what happens next. Maybe we can Build a Fire[Insert the lyrics to Imagine

The Rest

Participation and Comfort Zone
The goal is to FLOOD social media with peace finger selfies. All day. "Flood the Zone." To steal a phrase. Throwing up peace fingers, snapping a selfie and sharing it doesn't really take much time at all. Definitely use the hashtag #PeaceFingersInTheCloudsDay and you can include hashtags like #Peace or other related hashtaged words and phrases. Use any other hashtags really. I am a huge Buffalo Bills fan so I will post a least one or a few peace finger selfies in my Bills Mafia apparel and Hashtag #BillsMafia so that maybe some folks who are maybe following that hashtag will stumble upon Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day... So post as many as you like or are able. A minute or two here. A minute or two there. A few in the morning. A few in the afternoon and evening. Flood the Zone and bring your friends. In past years and for other 
D-Licious Media Social Media Events that call for sharing selfies - I like to wear different hats or glasses. 
Example:

Feel free to get creative. Have fun and get creative. Bring that Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit and/or Rage Against the Machine energy... 

"...I feel stupid... And contagious..." 

"...Come wit it now!
Come wit it now!..." 

Take peace finger selfies with a friend or with friends. You can both or all share them. You can find some more examples of how to participate in D-Licious Media Social Media Events like this if you go for a little scroll on the D-Licious Media Instagram.

So I have learned over the last few years - launching these events that sometimes involve selfies - that some people feel uncomfortable posting selfies. If that is something that is outside your comfort zone you can always keep your face out of it and just post your fingers. 
Example:

I understand how hard it can be doing things outside of your comfort zone. I am by nature very introvert, shy and even sometimes insecure or let's say self conscious. Introverted by nature while living most of my life doing extroverted things. Most everything I've either done - to make a living and earn money or the things I've done and/or do that I am simply driven to do - require me to live outside my introverted nature and comfort zone. If you have ever observed me doing extroverted things - those are things that have taken practice and often pushing through the introverted nature and default. I've been on stage a lot over the years and been infront of many microphones and cameras. It's gotten a lot better but I definitely used to puke a lot. A lot.  Many times - right before I had to get on a stage in front of a crowd of people - I would be routinely puking in the bathroom or outside puking. So I understand the comfort zone thing. If the option of just posting the peace fingers hands is best for you - that will still help contribute to the day. Every little bit could go a long way. It takes a mass of individuals. It's we. It's us. Together. Gonna end this section with a few quotes I think about when thinking about comfort zone issues. 

"You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago."
- Alan Watts 

"...But I'm good at being uncomfortable
So I can't stop changing all the time..."
"...But he's no good at being uncomfortable
So he can't stop staying exactly the same..."
- Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine 

Orgin of Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day
Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day is one of several D-Licious Media Social Media Events I've launched and tried to get going over the last several years but with a few changes this year. So... September 21st is the annual International Peace Day. I have been celebrating the day for years by posting peace finger selfies. The last few years - while I was creating other D-Licious Media Social Media Events - I decided to start the peace finger selfies on Peace Day. I didn't have a name I liked for it so this year I tightened up the name and decided it to move it to the day before International Peace Day. A lead up to the official holiday and then in the official peace day holiday we can have a bigger discussion about war and peace. Stay tuned for some content hopefully coming soon regarding holidays and how we observe them. So yeah... Moved Peace Fingers in the Clouds Day(A new name this year) to the day before International Peace Day. A day that we will - on mass - blast social media with Peace Finger Selfies and then maybe on the official Peace Day Holiday we can have a deeper more detailed and nuanced mass discussion about the topics of war and peace. Hoping to have some more detailed content on that coming soon as well. Stay tuned. You can find selfies from years back celebrating Peace Day with peace finger selfies on my personal Instagram.  Links for where to keep up with all related and other content will be linked at the ens of this blog post. 

Orgin of D-Licious Media Social Media Events
D-Licious Media Social Media Events are a mix of mass messaging efforts designed to use social media collectively, deliberately and in a coordinated way to hopefully have some real positive effects by spreading happiness while also addressing societal problems. 
You can read about some of the other events - such as "Fill the Clouds with Smiles Day" and "Flood Social Media with Love Songs Day" - in previous post on this blog and on the 
D-Licious Media YouTube Channel. I will hopefully be getting to a lot more content involving my thoughts and insights into social media coming soon but you can find at least a foundational understanding of all that in episodes of A Little Wine A Little Time 
as well as some other already released 
D-Licious Media content. I've been able to - so far - tell a little bit of the story as far as my "Gonzo" deep dive into social media a few years back but there is so much of the story I need to tell and so much of what I learned from it all that needs to be explained. The first few episodes of A Little Wine A Little Time at least give a pretty good overview and outline at least. 

"I was not proud of what I had learned... But I never doubted it was worth knowing..."
- Gonzo 
"...When the going gets weird... The weird go pro..." 
- Gonzo 

Some Questions
What do you think? Can you see it? Can you picture it? Can we make this big? Can we make this massive? How many people need to participate to make it a big thing? How many can we reach? How many humans do we need demanding PEACE to make it so? Can September 20th 2026 be a spark? Can it spark a sustained effort to fuel the flames of collective will? Can and will you help spread The Word? Can and will you share? Do you know people who would love to participate and will you share this with them? Can and will they share it? Can and will you spread the word leading up to the day? How many can we get to join and participate? How many do we need? Critical Mass? When we open our social media apps on September 20th 2026 - and put our heads in the clouds - how many 
Eyes Shall See? What Shall It Be?

I don't have the exact answer to all these questions... We Shall See... All I know is that I Believe it is worth a try... Let's take a shot...

In Conclusion?
Our species does a lot of stupid things... War has got to be the most insane... Let's start somewhere... Let's start here... Let's start with a massive barrage of Peace Fingers on Social Media(The Clouds) and let's see if it can spark and fuel a fire. War is nothing but a masaive waste. An insanely insane waste. Just Imagine... Imagine what our species could do with all the resources we waste on conflict and war... It's all waste... All a complete waste... An incredible waste... There are no words good enough to fully express the insanity and the waste... I don't even know why this needs to be said... But I guess it still does... Let's all say it as loud and as suatained as possible... Let's start there and let's imagine what our species could do with the saved resources that are wasted on the insanity of war. Just imagine... Then join in... Sparks... Let's build ourselves a fire...

Here's a quote to throw around... 

"...It is now highly feasible to take care of everybody on Earth at a higher standard of living than any have ever known. It no longer has to be you or me. Selfishness is unnecessary. War is obsolete. It is a matter of converting high technology from weaponry to livingry..."

- Buckminster Fuller

Imagine what our world would be like if we no longer wasted so many rescorses and so much energy on war and put it into solving our other problems. Imagine. Imagine a world where cooperation over took conflict. Imagine. See it. Ask others to see it. 
And then... Who knows?

So... Sunday September 20th 2026
#PeaceFingersInTheCloudsDay 
Clouds = SocialMedia 

Lets ComethWithClouds✌️ ☮️ 🕊 

***Note: It can be impossible to tell how much participation these events get. You can only see what's in your feed. These events get shared all over the internet so people could be participating and we'd never know. So... Use the hashtag #PeaceFingersInTheCloudsDay and make sure the posts are set to public. Other posts you have may set to different privacy settings still will be private from those you aren't connected with directly. It would be cool if you'd tag D-Licious Media so we can see participation. 

Let me know what you think in the comments... It would be so awesome if you could [Subscribe] to the D-Licious Media YouTube channel... If you feel it... It would be so awesome if you'd [Share]... 


Subscribe on YouTube:

Handle - @d-liciousmedia2763 

Follow on TikTok:

Handle: @D-Licious Media 


Follow on Instagram:

Handle: @dliciousmedia 


Follow on Facebook

Link: D-Licious Media Facebook Page


If you appreciate D-Licious Media content and would like to support you can kick me a dollar or two via...

Cash App - $dliciousmedia

PayPal - @dliciousmedia

Venmo - @DLiciousMedia

Tips are greatly appreciated and helpful... Incredibly grateful for and appreciate any support... A more official crowd funding campaign will hopefully be coming soon...


Thank you and bless... Peace... ✌️ ☮️ 🕊 

- Derrick (D-Licious Media) AKA DV-Ate 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Check In Project - Mission

A Little Time A Little Time - EP6 - The Nirvana Equation

International Fill the Clouds with Smiles Day